Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hong Kong trip

The Park

I guess Hong Kong being compact is what made it really comforting and giving me the sense of security. Stepping out of the building my grandma stays in, the first thing that reaches to you is the inviting smell of dumplings and rice rolls. Savoring each striking detectable smell of each and every one of those dishes just make it irresistable to ignore the temptation of each food. Just looking around, food stores, clinic, art museum and fashion houses merge together to form the unique city of Hong Kong. The bright lights shining from all the high rising buildings illuminated the entire sky battling with the night. Even though it's starless, you can't help it but just feel really happy.






   Every morning, when the hour hand strikes 7, I would wake up and get ready to have breakfast with my grandma. Be it the location, far or near, just the thought of having those delightful sensation moving through your tastebuds just makes it more tolerable and giving me the determination to wake myself up. Stepping out of the building, there would be several old folks sitting down on benches by the park and when they see my grandma walking out, they would go "Hey Miss, how are you today?" And each greeting with a smile. Its a really special thing for me as most places I have been to, no one even bothered helping their neighbors who are in need.  Even In restaurants, having breakfast with 8 seats with my cousins, aunts, uncles and even my grandma's "son". The ambiance is something you won't find in most places. The unity within the family, laughter, the moments they share when one person is sad, everyone is and they would help the member of the family no matter what the cost is. 




    With big lights, big streets, huge buildings and big shiny cars definitely comes with huge fashion houses. I tried finding the local designers such as Henry Lau but I failed to do so. Disappointing. However, what overcame the disappointment was the fact that I found 2 amazing stores. Before that, I was shopping at H&M and Zara, well I can't afford gucci or Armani so H&M and Zara's fine, good quality and affordable. So I was strolling down a street called Gough Street at Sheung Wan, Central Hong Kong, they had 2 unique stores, Timothy Oulton and Opera Opera. 


 Timothy Oulton is a place where I would say that it suits the wealthy gentlemen of different ages with the most elegant sporty furnitures to the most intricate designs of antique books and designs. Lucas, the guy running Timothy Oulton at Gough Street is a very pleasant and friendly guy who was really nice enough to greet every customer coming into the store. Feeling each stitches and the elegance of the vintage leather, the sport bags were definitely amazing and of good quality. Picking up a book from the shelf and flipping each pages, the delicate sound of crisp that the old english book pages give out when being flipped was just essential to give it that special feeling of antique and vintage. Well, all good things eventually have to come to an end, so taking a deep breath, I introduced myself to Lucas, greeted him and left the store. Looking back at Timothy Oulton just gave me great inspiration on how I want my house to be like in the future. 
Opera Opera
  Walking down the bustling pathway of Gough Street, another store named Opera Opera caught my eyes. Coming from a distant land, away from home, Opera opera is a Italian store that sells that most beautiful clothings and it is sad to see that most hong kong people just strolling past the store without even taking the time to peep into the store. Danilo Ceri, owner to the handsome and sophisticated house of Opera Opera definitely did a good job on designing the different clothing in the store. Its like bringing back the medieval times into the modern age. With th special usage of leather and metals, creating the ancient pieces into something magnificent is really not easy. 
Sham Shui Po
Intriguing and all inspiring, Hong Kong is definitely a place I want to be in when i grow up. The fashion in Hong Kong is pretty futuristic compared to other places in Asia such as Singapore or Indonesia. The people dares to take a leap in faith and go for the beauty of Fashion.

























No comments:

Post a Comment